Gary and Sue

Gary and Sue

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello all. We have not received word as of yet on what kind of markers Gary's cancer carries. We are definately learning patience.
We returned home on Sunday, January 15th. It was wonderful to be home. Great thanks to my brother Tim and his wife Christie for their kindness and generosity shown to us while in Minnesota. Thanks to my nephew Vince for the use of his car. I must say I am very proud of all three of their children. Kylie, Vince and Hannah. I was feeling sad and they gave me great encouragement and love. They all surrounded Gary in positive energy. Happy birthday Hannah!  We did not have much trouble in our travels with the exception of narrowly avoiding two accidents due to the two snowstorms that hit the Minnesota area. Our angels were definately with us on those days.
Gary was feeling pretty good on Monday, the 16th.  Rachel and Josh drove him half way up to Bogus and they ate lunch and then went on a hike. Praise God! I guess the travel and lack of sleep from being away from home did catch up with him, though.  He had some down days on Tuesday and Wednesday.  He did not eat and definately did not hydrate.  I was threatening hospitlization or at least an I.V. for fluids. I felt extremely mean and cranky, I was so worried.  Thursday brought great changes. We drove to Hagerman with a wonderful man named Lloyd Kangas. He introduced us to a Muscle Therapist named Zed. This man has a healing touch.  He worked on Gary's feet and legs. Gary gained fantastic color in his face and his breathing sounded strong.  He insisted that Gary drink 1/2 bottle of water before working on his first leg. When this was accomplished, Zed began his therapy. He had me write notes on what he was doing so that I could work on continuing this therapy.(I'm not real positive I will do so great, but I will definately strive to keep him healing.) After Zed worked on one leg for awhile, one side of Gary's face had a healthy glow to it and his skin was starting to not seem so dry. Gary was asked to finish the rest of the water bottle before Zed went to the second leg. Gary ended up drinking 3 water bottles and did not need to empty his bladder for about 1 1/2 hours. Those of you who know Gary, know that liquids seem to run through him quickly. Zed informed us that our bodies have cancer fighting abilities, we just don't always know how to kick these abilities into action. Zed helped get rid of some of Gary's leg pain. He told us that he started Gary's legs into creating new bone marrow. This is great news. He cleaned out several of Gary's lymph nodes, which will keep his system clearing out the toxins. I know it might sound a little crazy and unreal, but it really does work. I was worked on for a while also and I feel much better than I had. I hadn't even realized how poorly I had been feeling.  Zed pushed out Chemo bubbles from my bones. Gary and I could feel them. It was crazy. Our legs also would warm up while Zed worked on them. What an experience and most definately a blessing. Thank you Lloyd for sharing your appointment with us. How can we ever repay you for your kindness and generosity and love?  Lloyd did not even get an hour for his own healing.  He too is fighting cancer. I must let everyone know that Gary is doing remarkable since visiting Zed. Friday morning once again showed Gary having an appetite and energy. We went on a walk.  He also kept his water consumption up. Today, Gary also had a lot of energy.  I was feeling a little under the weather due to a late night and lack of water hydration. I was sitting in my chair and he came out after showering and told me that he had a lot of energy and wanted to do something. He said, "I know I'm driving you crazy, but I want to go do something." So we went and ran some errands. We were out and about for most of the day and he was still going strong. We came home and rested for a small amount of time and then went to dinner at Olive Garden, courtesy of Frith from Rachel's school. It was yummy and Gary ate well. Thank you again to all the wonderful friends and family who have shown Gary so much love and support. He is so touched by it all. Gary came home and layed on the bio-mat and is finally ready to sleep.
I just want to share a very small bit of background on Zed. His wife is Native American and her mother, if I recall correctly, is a Native American Medicine Woman. She lives in Mexico and does not have running water or indoor plumbing.  She is still of he old ways and sounds very wise and in tune with nature. Zed has also encouraged Gary to consume pure Essiac. This is a herbal blend that has cancer fighting abilities.  Essiac is Caisse spelt backwards. Rene Caisse was a nurse who would combine certain herbs and make them into a tea and give to cancer patients.  There are numerous accounts of the healing quality of this tea for those fighting cancer. 
We have some very dear friends in Utah, Ed and Deb, who first informed us about the Essiac tea. They told us of an individual they know who was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that had also metastasized into his brain and given two months to live.  He began drinking this tea. It has been five years and there is no evidence of disease. We were told that Gary should drink 9 onces daily. We mix 9 ounces tea with 9 ounces water. They say that after 3 months, his cancer should be on the run.  So we are striving to get him to drink this daily.  He has struggled on some days, the days when his throat doesn't want to let things pass.  However, since visiting Zed, he seems to be having an easier time consuming the tea. (definately not his favorite thing, tea.)
The date for the benefit for Gary has been set for February 18.  It sounds like it will be a night filled with good friends, love and laughter. I will try to post more details as I learn them.  Thanks to Marty and Rumana Zahn. They have a business called Almost Famous Dj. They have gone above and beyond to help us out. We will be forever greatful.  Marty does an awesome job with his business. He was the DJ at Rachel's wedding and did a superb job.  There will be items auctioned off at the benefit as well as wonderful food and music. Just a few of things that I know of that will be auctioned, or raffled are a remote control truck, decor items, and a very large Duck's Unlimited picture, which has had stamps copied from it.(Thank you to Dan Clark). If I remember correctly, the drawing for the guns will be on this night as well.
I am unable to recall if I had mentioned this in one of the earlier post, however, I believe it merits mentioning again.  Gary was prayed over on the Saturday before we left for Minnesota.  We could feel God's healing energy in our home that day.  Gary said he felt different, but that it was hard for him to explain. He accepted Jesus as his personal Savior. I/we believe in miracles and Gary will be a walking miracle. We are on God's time and that is one of the difficult things about this journey. I/we want to control and God is encouraging us to have absolute faith and trust. He is Good and He has a plan. 
Sorry if I jumped about in this post, but my mind is going a dozen different directions lately. We send our love to all and wish everyone God's blessings and healing strength. Sue and Gary

2 comments:

  1. Are you needing other items for auction? We may be able to donate some chocolate from Lee's Candies, our family store. Also, I can make a quilt. Let us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All donations would be greatly accepted. Rumana Zahn is handling all of it. Thank you!

      Delete