Gary and Sue

Gary and Sue

Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28, 2012

Happy Saturday to all. We received word of the markers from Dr. Kuhn, Gary's radiologist. It is E.F.G.R. They advise starting him on the Tarceva form of Chemotherapy. We are interviewing different Oncologists, as Gary was not content with the first Oncologist we met with. I must state, that the first oncologists is very good in his field and well educated, however, he comes across as only wanting to use Western medicine and not, in our opinion, receptive to alternative forms of therapy. I would like to share some events or stories that have happened in the last few months so that all reading this will perhaps understand some of our mental thinkings.
Our daughter Rachel and her husband Josh went to visit a psychic around the time they were married. This is the same psychic that Rachel and I visitied before she was married. Yes, I do believe that we are watched over by our loved ones that have passed and gone to be with our Heavenly Father. I do believe there are some spirits, for whatever reason, stay near to us. Those of you who have trouble digesting this, I ask you this, How is it any different from believing in Saints/spirits or praying to Saints/spirits to intercede on our behalf. Just because a church has not recognized this does not mean it is not possible. God can do anything and bring things to us in ways that might appear as strange. Okay, back to the psychic, Jackie. She had told Rachel and I things that she should not have known. We did not give her any background information.  She is the second psychic that I have been to. She gave me a similar read as the first psychic, who again, did not know me and had no background information. Mostly Jackie read Josh, however, she did let Rachel know that her daddy was sick, sicker than he was letting anyone know.  She disclosed that he would survive. He would not be 100%, but he would live. She then went on to say that she kept seeing the name Laurie, Lorie, or something near to that, and that this was the name of the doctor who would end up treating Gary and helping him battle this horrible illness. During this reading, she also told Josh and Rachel that they had a kitchen light that would end up not working and that their dishwasher was going to give them grief.  All of this happened. Rachel went back and re-read her notes that she had taken while with Jackie. She, of course, disclosed to me, as I eat this type of thing up. Now, back to Dr. Kuhn.  During Gary's check up, she started naming the different oncologists who work at MSTI. She was almost through her list and she said the name O'Lourie. I am not sure what the correct spelling is, but that is not important at this time.  I asked her to repeat the name and I guess I made a sound and a funny face while looking to Gary for his input.  She stopped and asked me if there was some significance to what she had just told her.  I informed her that she was most likely going to think that I was wacko quako.  She said no and asked me to share.  I then told her the story about Jackie and she said that we should meet with this doctor. We have an appointment scheduled for next week. I truly believe God guides in unusual ways, we just need to listen to what he wants.

This is the next interesting event in Gary's journey.  We were given the name of a second "Muscle Therapist" by a gal named Emily Beck, who is a teacher at the school Rachel works at. Emily battled cancer during the same time I fought. She had a much tougher battle than I did.  I notified this therapist and we played phone tag for awhile. While waiting to connect with the MT, I happened to chat with an associate of mine, named Peggy Pryor.  Eventually our conversation worked its way to the MT. His name is Jim Weathers and he has an office in Eagle.  Peggy is one of his many, many friends. She has made an appointment with Jim for her sister, who is also fighting cancer and has been given a dim prognosis. Peggy's sister, Wendy, is a breast cancer patient. She at one time was told she was a survivor, but, alas, no longer is that her diagnosis. Wendy lives out of state and is flying to Boise to meet with Jim. Gary was finally able to get with Jim, yesterday, January 27. I must say, he is not a only a MT, but, a true Healer.  God sent us to Jim. It was awe inspiring. Jim started with working on Gary's feet. Your feet are connected to every part of your body. Jim started on Gary at approximately 3:40 p.m. and finished up at 6:00 p.m. WOW!! He worked on Gary with his eyes closed.  While massaging, he would tell us that he would see certain colors. Gary was seeing the same colors at the same time. Gary had a cloth over his eyes. I did not see colors, however, I could feel energy and healing in the room. Jim has quite a story about his life and living.  You can google him and find out about him. He works with Phil Mickleson, the golfer as well as other well know golfers. He has worked on the president of Ireland, Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods, several professional baseball teams, just to name a few of the many.  Jim grew up with abusive parents and would run next door to his blind neighbor, Toshie, who had a St. Bernard dog that comforted him, when his mother was drinking and wanting to hurt him.  She is who taught him the art of healing. Jim is an ex-green beret. He looks like he can rip you in half with his bare arms. Okay, back to Gary and his time with Jim. Jim gave me some papers to read which were about his life. When I finished reading, I had such an overwhelming sense of sadness come over me. I proceeded to cry silently. I don't know why, I just felt sad.  All of sudden, I heard Jim start crying. I cannot explain what was going on. I did not ask, it was not the time. Jim has had a near death experience so he has experienced something most of have not. He has amazing stories of healing. After leaving, while driving home, Gary said,"look Sue." He was able to turn his head side to side. He has not been able to do this for quite some time. He also had back pain released.  God Is Good!!! Gary has an appointment to see Jim on Tuesday. We anxiously await for this day. I believe the cancer is fighting to hold on to Gary. It is a painful fight, but Gary is strong. The cancer was angry last night and caused Gary to have strange dreams. The weird thing is that I had strange dreams as well and they involved similar  subjects.  I can only say, there is interesting, unexplainable things happening in our lives.  I do believe, even more now, that God has something wonderful in store for Gary. He is going to be God's humble servent, for God's Glory. We continue to feel all the prayers and love being sent our way. We are amazed at all of the individuals that are contacting us and bringing their positive energy and support. WE are truly blessed.

The benefit is scheduled for February 18, 2012. It will be held from 6:00-10:00p.m. at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Nativity. 828 West Cherry Lane, Meridian, Idaho. A $12.00 admission donation will include dinner, drink ticket and more. There will be silent auction items as well as raffle items.  If you have any donations that you can contribute, we will be forever greatful!  I do know they are looking for small denomination gift cards to raffle throughout the evening. If you would like to donate or obtain information, please contact Rumana or Marty Zahn, Almost Famous Entertainment, H-208-888-0640, C-208-761-8129. Email information: http://www.almostfamousedj.com/. We will never be able to thank these amazing individuals for the time and energy they have given toward Gary's fight.  They too, are a gift from God. I can say, they are great DJ's. If you have an event where a DJ is needed, we highly recommend them. What an awesome job they did at Rachel and Josh's wedding.  Enjoy the weekend. Embrace the beauty of life and keep positive. Miracles happen everyday. Waking up each morning is a miracle. Blessings and love to all. Sue and Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment