Gary and Sue

Gary and Sue

Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Monday! What a beautiful start to the week.

Gary had difficulties sleeping last night.  He believes he is still on Malaysia time. We talked from 12:30 a.m. until just about 2:00 a.m. It was a talk that hopefully will bring positive changes.  He woke me up at 7:15 and asked if I was ready for a smoothie? I was really wanting to sleep, but I crawled out of bed and helped him by prepping the strawberries and showing him where I had put the recipe. I was going to crawl back into bed after finishing the smoothie, however, Gary had made the bed and had pulled my shoe tubs out from under the bed and had put them on top of the bed.  He was working on figuring out why the heated mattress pad was having issues. This is great progress, even tho I was grumpy that I could not crawl back into bed. I folded some clothes, ironed my pants and prepared for the day.   Gary was cleaning the slider as I left for work. He not only washed the glass, but cleaned the track out. He also cleaned the front window. Gary also went to the school Rachel teaches at and broke into her jeep. She locked her keys in it as she got out. She was busy talking to me on the phone. We missed our morning conversations on her way to work and I guess she was preoccupied with our phone time that she forgot to grab the keys before shuttting the door. The fact that Gary was able to once again be our car hero is fantastic. Praise God for His healing miracle.

Gary also vacuumed today and fixed my front blinds. WOW!!!!! My heart is filled with joy and gladness. We are so blessed. He made his own lunch as well.  He was a little sad when I arrived home. He said he wanted to make me dinner, but he was wiped. I could only smile and tell him good job and that I was proud of his accomplishments on this day. I am so thankful to God for this new life we are in.

Gary even made sure my little kitties were not left outside when they snuck out on him. This in itself is very surprising.  A year ago, he would be pretending to shoot the little furries. When I walked in the door, he told me he didn't know where the gray kitten was. My eyes became a little moist with his concern of my babies.

Gary said that when Sifu laid his hand on his leg and said his prayer, he, Gary, could feel something flow into him and push out the negativity. I saw his face. It was amazing. We are just the average people and it is amazing that we are experiencing this healing miracle. I just want to continue to give God the praise and thanksgiving that is right. We are nothing without His Love. What a faith journey. It threatens to intimidate, but we push that negative feeling away and embrace the excitement and gladness we are experiencing and feeling. We want to be examples to the world of what truly believing in the Power of God and his love for us can bring. We don't know when it will be our time to be called home, but when it is, we will be ready. I am thankful for the last 3 months, warts and all.

Enjoy the rain and clouds tomorrow. They bring new life and there is beauty even in gray days.

Love and blessings,

Gary and Sue

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! So happy to hear that Gary has taken up Merry Maids! I am also looking forward to driving past your home this summer...wondering what you are doing squatting on the ground with the hose? hehehe
    Bless you all. God be with you and in your hearts, always. XOXO DiAnne

    ReplyDelete