Gary and Sue

Gary and Sue

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012

I hope everyone had a fantastic Monday. It sure is nice to feel spring in the air, even on a cloudy day. I am so ready for the warmth of summer.

I spent my first night alone since hearing the news of Gary's diagnosis last night. It was definately an emotional evening. My eyes did leak, but they were mostly tears of gladness and relief.  I have kept my emotions mostly in check, striving to stay strong for everyone, especially Gary. The house was so quiet, except for my baby kitties.  They were distressed over my weeping. They stayed very close to me. My furry little protectors they are. The house was active as well. The doors were rattlling off and on. I did not let myslf get freaked out. I knew God would keep me safe.  I actually slept better than I anticipated I would. It seems so surreal that it has just been about 3 months since Gary's diagnosis. The emotional ups and downs have been very trying and tiring.  We have been to the other side of the world as well. Crazy!  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a year ago being where we are now. Gary being diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer that had metastisized with no hope of living past a year and then going on a faith journey and being healed of the cancer.

Gary is in L.A. He flew there and then is driving with Dan to Wisconsin. We are not real ecstatic with the thought of him driving so far, however, he needed some more herbs and he was starting to stress about the shop and financial issues. We figured the change in locations would be a positive journey and give him more time to grow stronger and to work on his faith journey.  He was up to walking at least 2.5 miles pretty much every day as well as using the exercise bike-like thingy we have.  He also rode my bike to Walgreens with Josh. I figure it is close to a 3 mile round trip. It makes my heart sing to see him able to do physical things again.  His internal heater is also starting to work again. God is Glorius. I do believe he is putting on weight as well, and not just in his stomach like he is thinking. His appetite is improving. Oh ya, he also started mowing the lawn on Saturday. Wow!!

We are exploring options on what we should do to pay our monthly bills. We are in the process of down-sizing the shop. This will help some. We still need to sell some of our material things. I went out today with some wonderful clients.  I am hoping to come into relationship with new buyers and sellers. I think it would be great if my real estate business could become busier. I would like to be able to have Gary help me out. I am actively seeking new clients. If anyone knows of individuals needing real estate assistance, I would appreciate the opportunity to interview and see if we can have a winning relationship for all parties involved. The market in Boise is moving. Inventory is low in certain price points. We are seeing houses going to "pending" quite quickly. It definately is an interesting time in real estate.

Our friend Sandy shared a story with Gary and I on Friday. It amazes me how connected we are to each other. I will do my best to tell it as correctly as possible. Sandy, forgive me if I butcher it very much. I had been telling people that it wasn't going to give a substantial snow fall in the mountains until Gary was healed. Yes, I know this was a pretty strong statement, but that is what I do, run my mouth at times. Anyway, Sandy told us that they woke up one Saturday in Cascade and looked outside.  It was only supposed to snow a few inches at most, but there was about a foot of snow and it was still snowing. Sandy and her husband, Larry, went to Tamarack to ski.  The skiing was powder and it was up to the about the shins deep.  She told herself that she was going to ski like Gary had told her to ski in powder. She pointed her skis as taught and did the other things Gary told her and she did fantastic. Larry was asking what got into her?  Sandy said she just kept thinking about Gary and then she had this "whooshing feeling" come over her and she started crying.  Larry was concerned, but she said she was okay. They finished their run and loaded back onto the chair lift to make another run.  Sandy's cell phone rang, but she worries about dropping her phone when on the lift, so she did not get it answered.  She told Larry they needed to get down the mountain and into the lodge so she could check her phone.  I think she might even have had some battery issues and the phone wouldn't work right. Anyway, they get off the lift, ski down and get into the lodge. She switch batteries and checked her message.  It was from Zach. He called her after receiving my call from Malaysia telling them that Gary's cancer was gone. She knew. First, the deep snowfall and then the feeling that Gary was okay. God sure does work in mysterious ways. I truly believe in things like this. I always have and always will. I believe we should trust our senses more than we do. 

Sandy and I are going to cleanse my house of the negative energy. There has been so much stress, anguish, anger and sadness released in this home, it is time to renew and bring in positive energy and faith. We are thankful for every day and all the blessings we are experiencing daily.

Gary and I send our love and blessings to all. I need to read what I have written in the past. If anyone has questions about our journey, I respectfully request that you ask them by commenting. There are some things that we are not ready to share, but there are things that we will. We are still processing our journey somewhat ourselves. It was such a quick journey, yet it seems like it was a lifetime.

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I so look forward to each of your postings, and rejoice with a spry Irish Jig at reading your GREAT news! EVERYTHING IS IN PERFECT ALIGNMENT FOR YOUR EVOLUTIONARY GROWTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All glory to God!
    With a peck for each cheek and glistening eyes for Your Victory, I Am with You! Linda Shoebridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to inspire me to be a more positive and receptive person, my dear friend! I look forward to hearing more of your journey when the time is right. Praise the Lord for the blessings he bestows upon us, and also for the challenges that promote our growth! Many hugs to you!
    Norma V

    ReplyDelete